Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

1720 is freezing up - Please Help!

I have been experiencing a unique problem over the last 18 months or so. I have a Cisco 1720 router on a Frame Relay Point-to-Point connection that keeps freezing up at random times for apparently no reason. This problem is easy to fix by just cycling the router, but recently it has been locking up really late at night or early in the morning when I am not on premises to cycle it, and it's becoming a bigger issue when folks on the supported lan can't access the system. I have opened 2 TAC cases with no results and I'm getting frustrated. We have tried replacing the router twice and upgrading to the most recent IOS (IOS (tm) C1700 Software (C1700-Y-M), Version 12.2(13)T3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)) and nothing seems to fix the problem. If anyone has any ideas on why the router keeps locking up me please help me!

Any input would be appreciated,

Chad Stanley

Systems Administrator

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: 1720 is freezing up - Please Help!

Define freezing up. Does the console port work? Does the LAN side of the router work? What is the LAN side?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content