cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1750 v WIC-2T (Smart Serial ) URGENT

aasafa
Level 1
Level 1

i have 3 1750v routers and cant ping any of the serial interfaces. Even when i telnet into the router.

Pls what could be the problem

6 Replies 6

dnagarajachary
Level 1
Level 1

Please provide the configurations.

Its difficult to guess anything from your statement.

coz there might be lot of causes for not pinging.

-Deepu

aasafa
Level 1
Level 1

The Serial int have frame-relay encap declare on them, no keepalive and no ip address. I have a sub-intf with IP address on it, frame-relay int-dlci 101 IETF, no cdp enable, no ip directed-broadcast.The serial int is connected to a VSAT modem. The problm is I can't ping the sub-intf IP and I telnet to d router tru the ethnt port. I am using IOS vers 12.2(11)T6. I have also set the keepalive and d result is the same.D Serial and line Protocol are up. Pls I need urgent reply to this

Is it a point-to-point or multipoint subinterface. If its a multipoint interface, and if its like a hub and spoke config. then on the hub, try configuring static maps for the spokes, and try pinging.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Pings out a serial link to your own address have to bounce off the other end. If the link is not up you cannot ping yourself.

li-he
Level 1
Level 1

hi,which encapsulation type you used ? if you used FR or x.25 ,you should map yourself.

i have tried everything, mapping, ive removed sub-int, but there is one thing, when i check my frame-relay lmi status, i get no response.

Could this be attributed to my problem. Also i pvc status is static

:DLCI = 101, DLCI USAGE = LOCAL, PVC STATUS = STATIC, INTERFACE = Serial0/0.1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: