Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

1760 FA interfaces

I will be installing a 1760 router with a T1 wic. I have two vlans from my 1924 switch. A VoIP and data vlan. I will setup the router on a stick concept. My question is do I have to create one FA subinterface for each vlan or could I setup the fa0/0 interface with the data vlan parameters and then create a voip fa subinterface?

I am thinking I need two subinterfaces, but I cannot find any documentation supporting my theory.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: 1760 FA interfaces

In order to achieve what you want with one Fast-ethernet interface, you need to setup a trunk between the router and the switch. The problem is that the 1760 only supports 802.1q trunking (as far as I know) and the 1924 only supports ISL. Hence, the trunk solution is not possible. Thus, if you have 2 VLANs, you will have to use one Fast-ethernet interface per VLAN.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: 1760 FA interfaces

In order to achieve what you want with one Fast-ethernet interface, you need to setup a trunk between the router and the switch. The problem is that the 1760 only supports 802.1q trunking (as far as I know) and the 1924 only supports ISL. Hence, the trunk solution is not possible. Thus, if you have 2 VLANs, you will have to use one Fast-ethernet interface per VLAN.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content