cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1760 serial number

jwilder
Level 1
Level 1

does anyone know the command to get the serial number off of a 1760 router? sh ver doesn't display it for some reason. Does anyone know why?

Thanks,

Jeff

4 Replies 4

forsman-susan
Level 1
Level 1

This is a copy from my sh ver on a 1760....

cisco 1760 (MPC860P) processor (revision 0x200) with 44237K/4915K bytes of memor

y.

Processor board ID FOC06350A5N (763729352), with hardware revision BB67

The serial number is FOC06350A5N, yours should be in the same place.

If you are still having problems, the serial number will be located on the back on the router, or in the output of a sh diag as the PCB serial number

Thanks for the reply. It does not show the serial number on my output. Every other router and switch we own it works fine on. I do find this very interesting I guess I should have been a little more clear it is actually a 1760-V so it just has the dsp chipset installed. Why would this make a difference? Also, the PCB serial number from the sh diag command does not match the serial number on the back of the router. I believe this is the serial number for the mainboard only and in fact is different than the unit serial number. Does anyone else have any ideas? As mentioned it is a 1760-V and it is currently running c1700-sv8y-mz.122-15.T5.bin code. It is a brand new unit sitting on my desk it hasn't even been installed yet.

Thanks for any input!

Jeff

You might be interested in this question-response.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40.ee8a9fb

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks,

I guess the answer that makes the most sense is the modular one. After thinking about this statement I have checked and all of our modular devices (including core switches) do not display the serial number. All other devices do. The snmp command will work for the modular devices.