cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1841 cisco router can do the subinterface or not.

gilbertthor
Level 1
Level 1
7 Replies 7

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

For the WAN inteface, yes, e.g. FR sub-interface.

For the fixed LAN, I can't find those info. I believe not. But for the Etherswitch module it do support VLAN trunkning by VLAN not sub-interface.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5853/products_qanda_item0900aecd802a9470.shtml

Please advise your application and details.

gilbertthor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi jackyoung,

Thanks for u reply, I just found that the 1841 can do the subinterface encapsulation.

need to upgrade the IOS to the advance security IOS, so it can do the filtering work,is it correct.

maybe i know what is the MSN and Skype port using.

thx

Thanks for your update.

Could you advise how the sub-interface relate to filter ? Do you mean you want per VLAN ACL ?

hello jackyoung,

the situation like this, the company want to have 2 vlan e.g vlan 2 and vlan 3.

vlan 2 are restricted the MSN and the Skype to be use but allow to access internet.

vlan 3 allow all.

They just want the product which can provide low cost and able to fulfill their requiement.So i'm thinking 1841 can suitable for them or not, need toknow this box able to fulfill the requirement or not.

thanks

IC, so did you find the 1841 can support per VLAN ACL ?

Hi jackyoung,

just get information from the supplier pre-sales engineer, the advance security IOS provide this kind of function.

Not sure is it can support per Vlan ACL? Any Idea from u ?

thx

Could you please check what IOS is proposed from the supplier then we can search the IOS release to clarify it ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: