cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1841 Does Not Allow Browsing

drlejennings
Level 1
Level 1

I have a brand new 1841 that is not allowing any internet browsing. I can ping and tracert and resolve DNS, but all browsing comes back "page cannot be displayed".

I have the 4 port switch module in slot 0. We are using an XData line that comes into the router as ethernet.

I've attached my config, any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Hello,

I think your access list 101 is blocking access to the Internet. A ´term mon´ should reveal that when you monitor your router. The access list should allow tcp port 80 (www) and 53 (dns) as well, can you try and add those ports, and check if that makes a difference ?

Regards,

GP

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Larry

I have looked at the config that you posted and believe that I see your problem which is the access list that is applied inbound on interface vlan 1. Access list 101 is controlling traffic coming into the router if I understand your config correctly. And access list 101 has only 2 statements that permit any kind of tcp traffic:

access-list 101 permit tcp any range 1099 1102 any range 1099 1102

access-list 101 permit tcp any range 5631 5632 host 172.20.1.150 range 5631 5632

and neither of these permit HTTP traffic to get through the interface. I am not clear what the logic was in constructing this access list. But if you add a statement in the access list which permits HTTP traffic I believe that browsing will start to work.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick