Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

2 Internet T1's = Slow Web response. Could the culprit be our 7206?

This one has me perplexed! Our organization has two T1's to UUnet for our internet. Between UUnet and my workstation lies a 7206,Cat2924, PIX, Cat6509, and 7507 in that order.

We are not running BGP. We are load balancing the two T's by using a default route statement to both serial interfaces using the same metric. Does the 7206 running 12.2(1) does a good job at aggregating the bandwicth of the two T's??

Our response time is super slow and I've parsed through the PIX, 7507 configs and I cannot find why. The 7206 is the only thing that I could think of.

Not just is response time slow but, some web pages require a refresh once or twice. DNS is fine! Circuits are fine! Could the PIX be flaking out on me?

Please help! I can forward the configs if required.

-Nick

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: 2 Internet T1's = Slow Web response. Could the culprit be ou

If you put the workstation just behind the first route 7206, what is your response time and then move the workstation back to the PIX and see the response time and then 6509. You have to narrow down one by one.

and how are your testing your response time. How about ftp and other protocolls,

Re: 2 Internet T1's = Slow Web response. Could the culprit be ou

I ran the same type of thing on my 7206 VXR. I was using CEF forwarding and had no problem what so ever. I did, however, have some sort of buffer issue....I know i called TAC on it.

The 7206 is an excellent box.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content