Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2 IPs on 1 Interface with NAT inside/outside

Hi,

here is a prblem I am not sure how to solve.

For some reason, I need to setup a router with NAT. Addresses from our LAN (10.1.1.0 /24) would be NATed to a private IP assigned to us by a service provider (192.168.1.6) Where things get interesting is that the router from our service provider (IP 192.168.1.5) has to be connected to our LAN as well (because is does some bridging stuff in addition to the IP stuff).

So we are looking at running two IP subnets on the same Vlan.

What I am trying to do is use only 1 ethernet interface on our router to accept packets on 10.1.1.50, translate them to 192.168.1.6 and send them down the same ethernet interface.

I am not sure how to get there. I was considering using subinterfaces, but it doesn't look like I can do that unless the ethernet iterface becomes a dot1q trunk. Am I understanding that correctly?

Is there a better way to approach this?

Thank you,

Remy

2 REPLIES

Re: 2 IPs on 1 Interface with NAT inside/outside

Remy,

There's a workaround to this situation. You can create a loopback and make it the nat inside interface and make your physical interface as nat outside int. Configure PBR and apply it on the ethernet interface to make the traffic coming in that has to be NATted to be switched to the loopback. That should do the trick.

Let us know if you have any problems setting it up.

HTH,

Sundar

*Please rate all helpful posts.

Silver

Re: 2 IPs on 1 Interface with NAT inside/outside

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content