cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 sites and 2 default route: is it possible?

rdubo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 sites connected with fiber. On both sides, I have a L3 switch 4507 with several VLAN. There is OSPF on each site and HSRP.

I also have a Internet access on each site.

I would like that networks on site A use Internet access on site A and networks on site B use Internet Access on site B.

Of course if Internet Access on site A is down everithing should go through site B.

Is it possible?

I thought I can use a default route on each site with different cost...

Any idea?

Thank you

1 Reply 1

bvsnarayana03
Level 5
Level 5

Dont know if u can use default routes with different AD (because default route being the route of last resort, it may not have any AD associated). However, it is very much possible with route-map.

For e.g. lets say site A. Create a route map, match any traffic coming to this interface for internet, set interface se y/z (this is interface connecting site A to ISP providing internet). Also, set another interface in same statement. This interface is the 1 pointing to B.

In route map set command, u can specify multiple interfaces, where 1st interface acts as primary & 2nd defined interface acts as backup whn pri int is down.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: