Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2500 IOS Upgrade

I have an 2500 router running with System image file is "igs-i-l.103-2", booted via flash.

I need to replace this file for a new, and could you tell the new version that best fits on thi router?

cisco 2500 (68030) processor (revision D) with 1020K/1024K bytes of memory.

Processor board serial number 01526839

Bridging software.

X.25 software, Version 2.0, NET2, BFE and GOSIP compliant.

Authorized for Enterprise software set. (0x0)

1 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface.

2 Serial network interfaces.

5 Replies 5

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

not sure you are going to find an image that will fit into that small amount of memory . don't think you can upgrade or even find an image old enough to fit that small of memory.

routeflap
Level 1
Level 1

Besides the issue with the limited amount of memory why are you upgrading this router? It appears that it has run quite a long time with the current IOS.

HTH,

Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210 (R&S/ISP-Dial/Security)

bdennis@internetworkexpert.com

Internetwork Expert, Inc.

http://www.InternetworkExpert.com

Toll Free: 877-224-8987

Direct: 775-745-6404 (Outside the US and Canada)

Good question Mr. Brian,

The point is: I need to install a secondary link between our HQ and a branch. I?m at HQ and this routers is 400 km from here at our branch and I can?t ping/telnet into it.

I sent a console cable and ask for a guy there to connect this at one PC and enable Netmeeting.

So, I checked all configurantion and found that the primary link is HDLC, I can ping just local Ether0, there is no access-list, basicylly and HDLC link.

Regards,

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

In addition to two Netpro's comment. You also need to know which feature set is required. And what specific feature you require. With the limited DRAM (2M) and unknow flash size. You may able to upgrade to 11.x only. Please more.

Hope this helps.

This maybe hopeless as the oldest IOS I see on CCO and via ftp (ftp-sj.cisco.com) is IOS 11.2. IOS 10.3, 11.0 and 11.1 are there but the only image available was for the 7500 in IOS 11.1. Also I didn't see any 2500 images that would run with less than 4 megs of RAM but I didn't look at every feature set just IP, IP Plus, Remote Access Server, etc.

It's easy to upgrade the RAM (DRAM) on the 2500's as a 16 meg stick of memory should only cost about $5 off of eBay.

Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210 (R&S/ISP-Dial/Security)

bdennis@internetworkexpert.com

Internetwork Expert, Inc.

http://www.InternetworkExpert.com

Toll Free: 877-224-8987

Direct: 775-745-6404 (Outside the US and Canada)