Views
Helpful
Replies

2509 remote access

j-dharmaraj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all:

I have a cisco 2509 connecting to the internet by s0. I have an async port permitting upto 8 connections for dial-in. I now need to configure this port to enable dial-in remotely, so that the dial-up user has access to all network resources, application acl permitting.

I am dialing up, enabling SLIP, get connected to the router, but am not able to access any network resources. any help on this is welcome..

the config for the interface is as follows:

interface Group-Async1

no ip address

encapsulation ppp

async mode interactive

peer default ip address pool dialup

no cdp enable

ppp authentication chap

group-range 1 8

1 Reply 1

mljohnson
Level 4
Level 4

If you want a SLIP or PPP (PPP is probably the recommended protocol, which is what you have configured) network connection, then you should add an IP address to the group-async interface. If you want interactive mode (ie some users can connect via TTY TO the 2509), then you need to add "autoselect ppp" and "autoselect during-login" under the lines 1-8. Otherwise, you should change the interface config to "async mode dedicated". That should get you a lot farther than you are now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: