Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2511 Multilink dial-up to ISP and bundeling

Hi

Looking for information and samples for my requirement as following listed:

I do have 8 modems and want to connect to an ISP (each modem has different userID for ISP). We do not have access to T1 ect. This means, we do need at least 8 DDR modems and MPPP.

Has somebody some experience with config?

Thanks,

Mathias

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: 2511 Multilink dial-up to ISP and bundeling

I'm not sure what you mean by each modem has a different uerID; you mean that if you dial 8 times to the ISP, you have to use 8 different names to authenticate to the ISP?

In simplist terms, you would use a dialer-rotary group to configure everything, to include 1 dialer map. Then assign each async-interface to that rotary-group. If something more complex is required by the ISP, you can configure each async-interface independently (use the same unnumbered interface for an IP address). As long as the ISP presents the same name, we should bundle all the interfaces together directly.

If you have any issues (either modem, PPP, dialer, etc), then you might have a look at "debug dialer", "debug ppp neg", "debug modem", and "debug chat".

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content