cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2600/3600 router MIBs load into OpenView NNM

N3t W0rK3r
Level 3
Level 3

Do you know of an easy way to load all the Cisco 3600 and 2600 router MIBs into OpenView without having to do them one at a time?

Thanks.

John Rumball, CCNA

6 Replies 6

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Integration Utility + HPOV Adapter is an option: http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/cw2000/cmc3rd.shtml

Respective readme files have the details

What about if I do not have CW2000 installed yet on my OpenView box? Can I still install the IU and the HPOV adapter?

Thanks for your help.

John

Yes. Just skip the portion where it prompts you for CW2K details during the install.

Thanks for your response. This leads me to one more question...

If I am going to be installing CiscoWorks 2000 on the same box as OpenView in the next month or so, will I need to install the utility and the adapter or is it done automatically as part of the CW2K installation? Furthermore, if I go ahead an install the utility and adapter now, will this complicate the future installation of CW2K?

Thanks again.

John Rumball, CCNA

Integration Utility is already part of CW2K install and if you install CW2K on the same server with HPOV, this gets installed as well. The reason for making it available separately, is for those who dont have CW2K and just need the integration part of it. If you plan to install CW2K later, better remove the IU before you install CW2K to keep it safe :-)

That's great. Thanks for all your help.

I think I'll wait and do it all at once when I install CW2K.

John