Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2600 configs w/ ISDN and frame T-1

I would like to install a new T-1 into an existing 2600 router that has a 64K ISDN already installed. The router passes mail to an Exchange server. Can I not have both the T-1 up and running while still recieving/sending mail to the Exchange server on the ISDN.

I want to get the T-1 running then contact NetSol to transfer the MX record at that point.

I am trying to minimize the down time on the Exchange Server.

Any help would be appreciated

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: 2600 configs w/ ISDN and frame T-1

The issue is mostly routing; you can leave IP off the T1, bring it up and ensure it's clean, and then add a dummy IP address if you want to test connectivity prior to the complete cutover.

Re: 2600 configs w/ ISDN and frame T-1

If the ip scheme is entirely different would that work.

What I want to do is leave the isdn, with all static addresses, working to get mail while we are installing the new t-1.

Once the t-1 is installed and configged with dhcp addressing of a complete different ip address then i can contact netsol and have the mx address switched to the different provider.

I can then monitor the migration and when I see mail coming in on the t-1, I can then disconnect the isdn and config users to start using dhcp.

The provider says this will not work unless we use BGP. I don't agree.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks for the help

Robert

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content