Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our beta test area to get started.

2600 Console port

I have an old 2600 that I am having problems with. I left it unplugged overnight and now I cannot use the console port. It was working fine before. The terminal emulation software settings have not changed and now I cannot get it to respond. I see the bootup and when it asks me if I want to enter the initial setup I cannot enter Yes or No. I have tried this on several Pc's using either Reflections or Hyperterminal set to 9600,n,8,2 ( according to the documentation). Is there some finer point to working with this that I am missing? I don't remember it being this hard to make this work.

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

Re: 2600 Console port

Hello,

not sure if this is a typo but the settings for hyperterminal are usually 9600/8/N/1.

Can you get into ROMMON (by pressing the Ctrl + Break key within 10 seconds after powering up the router) ? If so, issue the command ´confreg´ and check for the line ´console baud´, it should say 9600. If not, answer the question ´do you want to change the configuration´ with ´yes´, then answer the question ´change consol baud rate´ with ´yes´ as well and select ´0´ for a baud rate of 9600.

If you cannot get into ROMMON there is a way to reset the console baud reset jumper. Check this link to find out how to do this on the 2600:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008009433b.shtml#band_reset

Regards,

Georg

1 REPLY
VIP Purple

Re: 2600 Console port

Hello,

not sure if this is a typo but the settings for hyperterminal are usually 9600/8/N/1.

Can you get into ROMMON (by pressing the Ctrl + Break key within 10 seconds after powering up the router) ? If so, issue the command ´confreg´ and check for the line ´console baud´, it should say 9600. If not, answer the question ´do you want to change the configuration´ with ´yes´, then answer the question ´change consol baud rate´ with ´yes´ as well and select ´0´ for a baud rate of 9600.

If you cannot get into ROMMON there is a way to reset the console baud reset jumper. Check this link to find out how to do this on the 2600:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008009433b.shtml#band_reset

Regards,

Georg

Views
Helpful
Replies