Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

2610 with dual T1's

I currently have a Cisco 2610 router serving as my internet router through a single T1 line from an adtran unit. I will be adding an additional T1 line through another adtran unit to another serial port on the same router (V.35). I will be using CEF with per destination load balancing. My question is will this work with a 2610 router running with 32mb of DRam, IOS 12.1.t??? I guess I concerned about the router hardware being able to handle the load???

Thanks,

Joe

4 REPLIES

Re: 2610 with dual T1's

The router's hardware will be able to handle the 3 Megs load. But you will need to max out the RAM. I believe that CEF alone takes up 16 - 32 Megs of RAM to run.

But I am assuming that you are using static routes to your ISP? Then I really don't see a major benefit in running CEF.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/iosw/iore/tech/cef_wp.htm

I don't think CEF runs on a 2610... Might want to check that first.

The 2610 is more than capable of handling this application. I would bump up the RAM to 48MB (min) though.

The 2600 should be able to handle it, maybe more RAM would be nice. CEF is a benefit, because you will be able to load balance the traffic across the two T-1s.

Good luck!

Views
Helpful
Replies