cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2611 and multiple ip addresses

dirknorman
Level 1
Level 1

I have what is most likely a very simple question: I have a 2611 which is connected to a DSL line for which I have 3 external IP addresses. Each of these addresses will be used for a different web site on our server inside of the router. Can I use NAT to forward each external address to a specific internal address along with using them all for outgoing traffic (so people can access the web using any of those addresses)? If not, is there a way to do this on a 2611 (not xm)? We will also be adding a 2nd DSL line to use for load balancing outgoing traffic, can this be added to the above configuration without any issues?

Thank you

3 Replies 3

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

The below configuartion will assist you in configuaring the NAT

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080093f31.shtml

I'm not sure if I don't have high enough privileges or what, but every time I try and access that link I get a 401 error, and I know I'm entering my username and password correctly.

NAT outside

public IP, 110.10.10.1

NAT inside

Your server

now, configure NAT static, like

ip nat inside source STATIC LocalIP GolbalIP

for access that link, you should have full privilege

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: