Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

2611XM or 2621XM?

We are looking into getting a router to handle our T1 internet connection. I was looking at the 2611XM and the 2621XM (we need two Fast Ethernet ports) as possible solutions. I will get the T1 WIC card to terminate the T1. In addition, I want to use these routers to perform some basic filtering (i.e RFC 1918 and 2827) to block known bad/suspicious traffic. Nothing fancy like IDS or IOS Firewall, just some well-crafted ACLs and the like.

My question for you is should I look at the 2611XM or the 2621XM based on performance? I have a feeling that either will do what we want, but which is the best recommendation? I don't want to pay for performance we won't use, but yet I don't want to put in a router that won't grow with us in a few years as we possibly upgrade to 2 T1s terminated at the same router.

Thanks a bunch!

- Jon Strine

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: 2611XM or 2621XM?

Although both will work fine & will support 2T1's. 2621XM has better processor the 2611XM, So if you don't want to pay more money, i think 2611XM is the better choice.

Views
Helpful
Replies