cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2612 Router & Lease Line

jeff.p
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I have a Cisco 2612 router running a both ethernet and token ring segments. I have 4 remote sites that previously connected to the token ring via two-wire 56k analog lease lines, USR Courier modems and an old IBM Dials 8235 remote access unit. I need to bring these 4 sites into the ethernet segment and would prefer to use the lease lines that are already in place. Is it possible to get WIC cards or network modules to bring these sites straight into the router?? If so, what equipment would I need at the either end to accomodate this?? The system I'm using seems a little antiquated to me and there must be a better way to accomplish this. I'm fairly new to this, so bear with me if my question is not the most intelligent :)

Thank you,

Jeff

IntimidateU2@hotmail.com

1 Reply 1

jeff.p
Level 1
Level 1

I apologize for not placing this in the appropriate forum as it is obviously better suited for the remote access forum. Perhaps next time I'll pay closer attention!

Thank you,

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco