Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

2620 T1 Point to Point

I am looking for some sample configs for a 2620 in regard to setting up a leased line ppp connection to another site. They have a 3640 at the remote site we are connecting to.

Much appreciated,

DF

9 REPLIES

Re: 2620 T1 Point to Point

What type of T1 card you have in Cisco router , Is it channelized t1 card you have or Fractional T1 card . The part numbers for both are WIC-1DSU-T1 (Frational T1 card) , VWIC-1MFT-T1 ( Channelized T1 card) and there is another one ( NM-1CT1-CSU) or it could be possible you have WIC-1T which is plan serial interface connect external CSU/DSU . Let me know what you have then i would send you sample config accordingly .

We have a fractional T1 card but are going to have a full T1 via a leased line. Will that card suffice?

Yes fractional T1 card support full T1 service but with this card you can't break your channels into multiple to accomodate other side coming to same one location in which some channels going to one location and some going to otherr locations.

Here is the configuration for WIC-1DSU-T1 . By default it is configured for full T1 (1-24) timeslots , FRaming :ESF, line code:B8ZS and clock source to :line .

If you want to change above settings then . configuration would go under serial interface which fractional T1 card :

Interface serial 0/0

ip address x.x.x.x mask

service-module T1 time-slots 1-24 speed 64

service-module t1 line-code B8ZS

service-module t1 framing ESF

service-module t1 clock source line/internal

The above should help .

You will also need an "encapsulation ppp" statement on the serial interface since the default serial encapsulation type for Cisco is HDLC.

you seem to understand about the cisco 2600 series more than the people I know. If you know mind, let me ask you a question in regards to the csu/dsu. We have a point to point T1 and when I type 'sh int' it said it's a fractional t1. But my question is this...

Verizon (our carrier) said they are detecting alot of errors coming from the csu/dsu off the c2600. Do you know what I should start first in looking?

thanks in advance,

Ko

If verizon told you they were recieving errors, they might have been refering to (jitter) or a high frequency of CRC (cyclical redundancy check ) erros. This might be a cause of clocking. How is the clocking configured, i have seen, setting one PTP router to recover and one to internal works best.

good luck!

naresh

Is that all there is in configuring the lines? Clock, framing, linecode, encapsulation...?

I have a similar but different situation. I have two 2600 routers, each with TWO WIC-1DSU-T1 modules and a Fast Ethernet card. I am trying to set up two parallel p2p T1s over these two routers. Other than the configurations described earlier, how do I do load balancing, and to set it up such that it is a virtual 3Mbps line?

Then i also need to pass DHCP (separate server) and public IP addresses? Can someone direct me to any samples for this?

thanks very much,

Vincent

Hi,

You can configure Multilink PPP to bundle both T1's and make a single virtual 3 MBps line.

For DHCP, use "ip helper address" command, NAT can be used to translate Public address to internal address.

hope this helps.

hi, can you give me an example of how i would bundle two serial interfaces together with Multilink PPP?

Also, when you have point-to-point T1s with 2600 on both ends, what should the static route be? Do i need to point to the actual interfaces? My situation is:

- i have been able to get the links up, but could not ping the remote router (FastEthernet1/0), but have no problem pinging the remote router serial interfaces.

- because i wanted to try MLPPP, i switched my encapsulation from HDLC to PPP, is that necessary? because I was pinging 100% success before, and now it's 40, or 60%...

please help!

thanks,

Vincent

Views
Helpful
Replies