Helpful
Replies

2621 Routing Issue

bmesplay
Level 1
Level 1

If i put

ip route 66.32.32.32 255.255.255.255 192.168.0.1

all traffic to this host is routed properly, but any other external host with an IP that begins with 66.xx.xx.xx is now not reachable. There are existing routes for specific hosts and networks that aren't causing problems...it's only when attempting to add a new route. It isn't just the 66.xx.xx.xx, if I add 216.219.178.95/32 for example, then I can no longer access other hosts on the 216.xx.xx.xx unless I specifically add routes to them. We only use static routes on this router.

Any input would be appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

This is a known issue; that is: it is not an issue. Just configure the global command: ip classless.

This will cause the router to route all unknown traffic to the best matching supernet route.

It may be accidentally turned off or you migrated the config from 11.x.

Regards,

Leo

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

This is a known issue; that is: it is not an issue. Just configure the global command: ip classless.

This will cause the router to route all unknown traffic to the best matching supernet route.

It may be accidentally turned off or you migrated the config from 11.x.

Regards,

Leo

Thanks Leo!

ip classless was the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: