Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

26xx with WIC-1T and WIC-ADSL "Load Share"

Can I load share between these two interfaces and have ADSL interface brought on line when utilization of WIC-I1 reaches x %?

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 26xx with WIC-1T and WIC-ADSL "Load Share"

You can't do that because of those two are different type of interfaces (with different encapsulation).

Cisco Employee

Just to add, What i mean to say was, you can use load balancing between those two links but you can'tmultilink togather. However in case of dsl line which is on flat monthly rate, we can't really same money as its use it or lose it.

Anyway, you can use backup interface command with backupload command to activate the backup line based on the load on the first/primary link.

Pl. visit following url which discuss that

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12cgcr/dial_r/drprt4/drdbaks.htm

VIP Purple

Hello,

I have all my frame-relay interfaces performing load sharing with BRI (different encapsulation, but it works fine). BRI comes up depending on the backup load percentage. On your primary interface, define the backup interface with the ´backup interface whateverinterface´, then define the load, e.g. 50%.

I cannot test it because I don´t have a T1 and an ADSL interface. Give it a try.

Regards,

Georg

Cisco Employee

Sure you can have load sharing like that but you can't multilink both the lines togather. In case of BRI line, you may be paying money to isp based on the use of it and in that case by using load sharing, you can save some money. But in case of dsl line, which is always on and on flat charges (use it lr lose it ), its better to have it awalyson.

Views
Helpful
Replies