cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2900 XL Restarts and Locks Up

dagaued
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2924 Xl Switch and it restarts all of a sudden and also seems to lock up sometimes. It passess all the POST test fine however it simply restarts on its own after a while . Has anyone ever seen this behavior? I have also tried reloading a new image.

5 Replies 5

DALE FRANCIS
Level 3
Level 3

Sounds like a H/W issue, are there any error msg's.?

If you do a sh ver it will tell you why it reloaded.

I have had similar isses with other devices which all it took was to remove and rebuild the config.

in my case it shows "Last reset from warm reset". and i dont need to make any config changes. sometimes simply rebooting the switch let the things working.

kpahare
Level 1
Level 1

yes i do have this problem in plenty of my 2924-MXL-EN switches. they shows exactly same behaviour (Sometimes they Reboot all of sudden, or just gets hanged) with all the port LED's down and module LED amber. when i remove the fiber module (2922-xl-v) and install a Tx/Rx it works fine. it is very frequent and my customer is killing me.

So does anyone know how to fix this issue, or at least how to troubleshoot it.

in my case the ping to management ip, frequently shows 60 ms reply, and "show proc cpu" shows 50% utilisation whereas it is on no-load (no pcs are connected to it).

is something wrong with the hardware?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: