Cisco Support Community
Community Member

2924 and load balanced servers

Our server group has created a "load balanced" server setup. This means that 2 servers function logically as one. Each server has its own IP address but there is one separate "advertised" addresss that will establish a connection to either server based on certain parameters.

I can not seem to get this setup to work within my switch environment. Any ideas?

Community Member

Re: 2924 and load balanced servers

This virtual IP address is likely associated with one of the servers NICS or both. Perhaps arp is confused when you do the cutover. I would clear the arp table on the switch and see what happens. If you still have probs when the arp cache is cleared, look at the arp table and see what macs go to which servers IP’s. You might need to talk to the vendor of this software load-balancing solution. I’d think they would have run into this already.

Re: 2924 and load balanced servers

You might be running into the situation with the cam table aging . If it is left at the default which is 5 minutes i believe it will not change over for that period of time unless you clear the cam table .

CreatePlease to create content