Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

2924-M "unintended reload"

I've had a number of 2924-M switches reboot lately without being asked to. The sh ver shows that the switch was "restarted from ROM". The TAC suggested IOS upgrade, but that avenue does not seem to be a complete cure - while many are stable now, some of these are still rebooting on their own occasionally. The reloads can occur during the day, but are more prevalent in the low-use evening hours (thank goodness!) Has anyone else seen these type of symptoms?

2 REPLIES

Re: 2924-M "unintended reload"

Hello, there. I have seen this before, and even though I was apprehensive at first, upgrading the IOS helped TREMENDOUSLY. Hope it helps!

Re: 2924-M "unintended reload"

We did the IOS upgrades as Cisco advised ( about 50 of them) but not all are cured, and have continued the symptoms. The strang part ( at least as far as I'm concerned) is these switches have been in production for seveeral years, with no problems at all. The "auto-reboot" fun only started late last fall.

Views
Helpful
Replies