Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2924 switch problem

hi

i'm managing a network with 2924, 2950 and 4006. Each 2924 switch is connected to 2, 4006 core switches, via fiber module (2922-xl-v). and 2924 is again connected to 2950 via Giga stack. Now the problem is that "Sometimes" switch gets hanged!! i.e. all the 24 LEDs down but fiber module and Giga LEDs up. and no connectivity at all. After rebooting it again gets working.Sometimes it doesn't work at all. Sometimes it boots for 2-3 times before getting up. In some switches fiber module do not get detected in port 1. Has anybody encountered this problem before? i've forwarded the tech support to Cisco but no responce at all.

thanx in advance

kin

2 REPLIES

Re: 2924 switch problem

For the stack try these:

1)Use the same IOS (EXACT) for the switches.

2)Manually specify the master.

Remember that you don't have Identical switches, so plz check for any restrictions or synchronization problems in the site.

For the Fiber

1)Make sure the hardware flow control is on.

2)If you are running STP, use the same version and manually specify the root bridge NOT to be the stack and not to be the core. (To reserve the STP topology if the stack hangs)

Booting 2-3 times means that there is a synchronization problem.

Bronze

Re: 2924 switch problem

you might check this bug CSCdm90894.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content