cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2924 upgrade to 2950

jft
Level 1
Level 1

Can I do a simple copy and paste of running config for this upgrade. I have tried and the only thing that doesnt move over is the dot1q encapsulation. The configuration doesn't work so i was wondering if i was missing something? Is there a config change that needs to be done on the connecting router?

Thanks,

Cliff

3 Replies 3

t.baranski
Level 4
Level 4

There are differences in the command sets, so not everything will be able to be copy/pasted as you found out. What exactly isn't working on the 2950?

I can ping across the switch to the router and I can ping the router from a users station, but I cannot pass traffic across the link. This is a wireless link using breezcom radios, the wireless link is plugged into the switch and the switch is plugged into the router, so user traffic passes through the switch and router to the wireless link. Unplug the wireless from the switch and connect directly from wireless to laptop I can get out to the internet plug wireless back into switch and plug laptop into switch I get nothing. Thanks for the help.. I am headed back out to site this morning so i will try to post the old and new configs once on site.

Cliff

netops01
Level 1
Level 1

I take it that you mean the dot1q encapsulation statement in the 2924 config does not appear in the 2950. This is because the 2950 can only handle dot1q so no encapsulation statement is needed.