Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2924XL-EN: %LINK-4-ERROR: FastEthernet0/23 is experiencing errors

Hello,

we have two 2948G-L3S that are connected with a 2924XL-EN. On the 2924XL-EN the following message occours: %LINK-4-ERROR: FastEthernet0/23 is experiencing errors. Regulary this means a speed or duplex missmatch (or auto-neg.) - but both sides are fixed with 100/fd.

Any ideas?

Best regards, Martin

6 REPLIES

Re: 2924XL-EN: %LINK-4-ERROR: FastEthernet0/23 is experiencing e

Hello,

It's usually a speed or duplex missmatch as you say (cf url http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps605/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007d7df.html )

Check your cable.

And do a sh int fa0/23 to have more précision about errors.

Good luck.

Hello,

best regards. In fact we have three 2924XL that show exactly the same behaviour. Therefore we can exclude the cable, because it's not very likely that tree cables are defect. sh int shows several input errors (CRC) but nearly exactly the same number of CRC errors are on fa 0/24 (the trunk to the other 2948G-L3S) and threre are no errors at all. The only common property is the 2948G-L3S on the opposite side of the three 2924XL. Maybe a hardware defect of the 2948G-L3S?

Best regards, Martin

Hmmm,difficult to say if it can be an hardware defect of the 2948-GL3.

Before that , perhaps you can check the IOS-2948GL3 to see if there is no bug (i doubt ) and after i think that you can consider an hardware defect of the 2948 GL3. Any others ideas are welcome.

Regards.

Well, if it is a hardware defect then it applies to 3512's as well. (I get the same thing from time to time) I haven't looked into it much as it is sporadic and doesn't really cause a disruption in service. I am interested though if anyone knows of a cause.

regards

I have seen that exact error message recently myself. My problem was they were trunk links that did not have matched encapsulation types (ISL mismatched with 802.1q).

I have also trunks, but the encapsulation matches.

Regared, Martin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content