cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2924XL's will not accept tftp copy

dasberry
Level 1
Level 1

I have attempted to upgrade from ver 11.2(8)SA6 to 12.05.WC5a. IN my attempts to perform this I get several errors/conditions after following guidelines for updating as suggested in release notes:

1) "copy to or from flash not implemented"

2) "error parsing tftp server"

3) switch reloads and stays unbootable

Really need input as to resolve these issues

Thanks in advance......to everyone who responds.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Have you used CMS (called VSM earlier) to upgrade or have you done it via CLI?

If you used CLI upgrade see following:

"switch# tar /x tftp://server_ip_address//path/filename.tar flash:

Depending on the TFTP server being used, you might need to enter only one slash (/) after the server_ip_address in the tar command." from release notes.

I would also check your tftp server. Have you tried just copy a file from/to the switch flash?

Generally, it's much easier to upgrade via CMS. You only need a working tftp server, check if the switch flash is big enouhg for the new IOS and everything else is done automatically.

Regards,

Milan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dasberry
Level 1
Level 1

Have found xmodem process to upload from the switch: prompt. However I am still curious about the first two messages received? I am quite sure Murphy is still waiting for me when I approach the other switches.....:-(

Have you used CMS (called VSM earlier) to upgrade or have you done it via CLI?

If you used CLI upgrade see following:

"switch# tar /x tftp://server_ip_address//path/filename.tar flash:

Depending on the TFTP server being used, you might need to enter only one slash (/) after the server_ip_address in the tar command." from release notes.

I would also check your tftp server. Have you tried just copy a file from/to the switch flash?

Generally, it's much easier to upgrade via CMS. You only need a working tftp server, check if the switch flash is big enouhg for the new IOS and everything else is done automatically.

Regards,

Milan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: