Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

2948G-L3

I have had this switch lock-up on me and require a physical power reset 4 times in the last 6 months. Does anyone have any ideas why and/or had similar experiences? Thanks in advance!

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
4 REPLIES

Re: 2948G-L3

What do you mean by a switch lock-up ? Do you mean that the switch hangs, without any response, and you have to reboot ??

Yes, sorry for the poor descrption of the issue.

What are the circumstances under which you experience this. Is this happening, when you issue any commands ???

no commands, just normal operation. However, when this switch was sold to the client they were sold the wrong type. For example, when I was hired they needed it to act like a regular layer 2 switch and I had to dumb it out and bridge all ports so that the devices would communicate with each other. I am using one of the gigabit ports as a link to attach to a 4006 Sup II engine uplink and for some reason has to be power cycled to allow communication to be restored between ports.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.