cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2950 Constantly Crashing after assigning IP address to Interface VLAN1

a-craick
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to configure a number of Catlyst 2950's (12.1(14)EAa1) using a know good confiugration from a similar switch with IOS 12.0(5.3)WC(1).

Each time i configure the IP address on the VLAN1 interface, do a no shutdown and the copy run start and do a reload i get a looping crash. This can only be rectified by ROM booting and clearing the config.text from the flash file system.

I have 4 2950's doing exactly the same thing so I can only think it must be a bug in the version of IOS I'm using.

Does anyknow if this is a bug and if there is any resolution apart from upgrading ISO.

regards

1 Reply 1

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Perhaps there is a boot system command in the old config that you use?

Anyway, the configs of these switches (3500 series?) can be used with the 2950. I have done this quite often myself but never hit this bug you think that you have found.

As it happens in all cases (4 switches) it MUST be something in the config. Remove any parameters that are not absolutely required and test it again. Continue that process until the switch boots correctly. In that way you will eventually find the cause.

Goodluck,

Leo