Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2950 LRE

Hi All,

I have a situation where a customer wants to connect his office which are 5 KM apart and has a telephone line in between the offices. There is no other media in between the offices. I thought to use the 2950 LRE but it supports at max 5000 feet. Is there any solution that any one of the guys have designed for the situation.

Can I use an adsl router and connect it to 2950 at one end and telehone to other line and use it that way ?

Regards,

-amit singh

2 REPLIES
Green

Re: 2950 LRE

I think not ... at least not directly.

There are some devices (check www.blackbox.com) that can drive the distance, but I think most are limited speed-wise (given that there is no amplification along the way).

I think about the best you'll be able to get is ~T1/E1.

The other issue is whether the phone line between the offices goes directly between (versus home-runs to the Central Office).

Is wireless an option? Clear line-of-sight? or someplace that both sites can see with clear line-of-sight (i.e., relay)?

Otherwise, you may be stuck in the realm of satellite (i.e., VSAT/USAT - check Hughs website), or pulling media (or getting the Telco to pull media).

Good Luck

Scott

Re: 2950 LRE

Thanks Scott. Just wanted to confirm.

Regards,

-amit singh

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content