Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

2950 New S/W Load Problem

File "flash:/c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-22.EA6.bin" uncompressed and installed, entry p

oint: 0x80010000

executing...

Error: hardware not supported by firmware.

Try loading newer software instead.

System Resetting...

I just delete the previous config.text file from the Flash memory, and copy the new one to the flash from the TFTP server, when i restart the switch the above error genrated, due to this error, switch is start display the error and restart again, what is the solution of this problem,becaus switch is not going to be started how can i upgrade or set the switch to the factory default setting.

How can i solve this problem, Give me a solution.

Thank You

2 REPLIES

Re: 2950 New S/W Load Problem

Hi, you may be trying to install the enhanced IOS image onto the 2950 platform that does not support it. I have done this before, but cannot remember what error message I got. Try another IOS image that is not enhanced. You will probably have to go into switch rommon to get a new IOS installed.

Re: 2950 New S/W Load Problem

Either the IOS is not supported or corrupted. Either way, you need to do IOS recovery. Here is a link with a step-by-step procedure:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_tech_note09186a0080169696.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content