cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2950 vlan will not retain "no shut" command after power down

jackson.a
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pair of 2950 switch connected by their g0/1,g0/2 ports to a pair of 3550 switches which have a GEC between them. (All 802.1q port carry all vlans)

The 3550's are configured as VTP v2 servers, the 2950-48's as VTP clients.

All four switches are using VLAN2 for their mgmt IP. The 2950's have their default VLAN1 shutdown and VLAN2 /gateway on the same subnet.

Connectivity is fine until the 2950's are powered off/on. The switches boot OK, but always end up with VLAN 2 being in a "shutdown" state (even though the "no-shut" had been written to memory before power off). At this point sh vlan is fine and there is a laptop connected locally in vlan2 on the 2950.

I've tried upgrading the image to the latest version (12.1.9.EA1d) and also downgrading to 12.1.6.EA2a, neither solved the problem.

Any ideas ???

2 Replies 2

jackson.a
Level 1
Level 1

*** THIS PROBLEM HAVE BEEN FIXED ***

removed the following config lines :

!

ip telnet source-interface Vlan2

ip tftp source-interface Vlan2

!

now all OK.

I don't think this is normal. I tried in the lab, but could not recreate. if you still want to find out, open a TAC case for further troubleshooting

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: