Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

3 years+CCNA??

Okay so I need some good advice here from all the experts out there. Currently I am in the Air Force designing and building networks. Right now I have about 2.5 years of good solid cisco experience (routers, switches, even these cisco LRE switches) by the time I would be getting out I would have 3 years of experience plus a CCNA. If I were to look up and down California, what would be my chances, what would be my pay range? This would be good to know because I have to decide the next four years of my life soon here. :) Thanks guys

Adam

6 REPLIES

Re: 3 years+CCNA??

I'd suggest http://www.computerjobs.com as a good resource. I can tell you that here in Atlanta you would be looking at somewhere around $40 - $50K as a starting salary.

About the same thing here in the SF Bay area except our ridiculous cost of living:-(

Chris

Hi,

I have about 1.5 years of good Cisco experience ( routers, wan, vofr ) plus a CCNA, but my year pay is about $ 18k.

Besides, my boss said that this job is qualified like " Only Four Commands! "...

I don't have any word, this my hard life!

Good Luck,

Dave

Try government agency's there is a lot of cisco equipment here, this way you can keep your mulitary time.

What about getting a degree or masters, at least you will have a tuitiion assistance from the military. In San Diego CA almost the same pay scale but a little bit higher.

You have enough experience that you should be able to knock out the CCNP exams without much trouble. This will give you a little more clout. Also, a degree in anything is helpful. I have a degree in Biology and my CCNP and I make $50,000 in Utah as an IT Admin.

Views
Helpful
Replies