cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

35%-40% Dial-in Disconnect rate for NM16AM Analog Modems on 2610.

s.hakopian
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having problems with Dial-in connections. Everything is ok but the disconnect after about 1-7 minutes. According to the syslogs & traps the case is Lost Carrier. Sudden retains are initiated. I've checked the Earthing, the peak voltage to nol is 3-5 vpp.

Any Ideas on this, Any clues , Hints to check.

Thanks in advance.

Hakopian

hakopian@softhome.net

5 Replies 5

jeff
Level 1
Level 1

Do the lines come in as Analog (POTS) or are they derived from a T carrier (Digital) and converted?

Yes they are Analog (NM16AM Module & POTS).

SNR is OK about 28-32.

Did you have such a case?

About every other call is disconnected from remote (Client Side, Lost Carrier).

Any suggestions.

Great appreciations.

If you're sure calls are being disconnected from remote client side, then I'd check the modem options. It may be a case of one of the control signals dropping. Are you using software Flow Control (Xon/Xoff) (bad) or hardware flow control? (RTS/CTS) (good) . Look at how RTS, CTS, CD, DTRetc. are optioned. You may want to nail up CTS, or ignore DTR etc.

The same modems work with other Rases well, No disconn.

The users are out of my reach. And the flow is hardware.

The case is, all of a sudden retrain is initiated on modems i think it's because of poor line qualities.

Do you know of any line quality checking techniques to ensure of that part?

Thanks.

jeff
Level 1
Level 1

Well, there is specialized Test Equipment to check Analog phone lines, but it's not cheap. Call the Phone Company and have THEM test the lines for you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: