Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

3500 XL rebooting

We have two 3500XL-48 port switches that reboot themselves for no apparent reason. After they start back up the switches no longer recognize the 10/100 ethernet ports in them. The LED on Port 2 blinks yellow to red. The only way I can get the switch to work is to actually pull the power let it sit for about a minute, then plug it back in.

I have downloaded and installed the latest version of code to the switches but the problem is still occuring.

Interestingly, we have about 10 of these switches running and the problem is occuring only in those 2.

Thanks

3 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Re: 3500 XL rebooting

Hello,

what is the result of the show post command ? Do you see any post failures in the output of that command ? Which IOS version are you running ? Could be a software bug...

Regards,

Georg Pauwen

The IOS is version 12.5.8 I believe, it is the lastest version I could find for the 3500xl.

I will need to check the switch the next time it happens to get the post failures. Stretching my memory I think the ethernet controller fails.

I think this is problem with the FAN located in 3500-XL.(observed this problem some time back)

Pls check if the switch is getting heated in the bottom side, and the side FAN is working or not.

Views
Helpful
Replies