Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3500XL swith config erased - what do I do now?

I have very little experience working with Cisco 3500XL series switches. One of our technicians was working with the switch and somehow entered either:

-erase flash

-erase config

Now, when the switch is powered up, all the configuration settings are gone, and we can't enter commands to config the switch. Any commands entered will return:

switch: unknown cmd: [command]

I'm sure this is an easy fix for those in the know. Can someone point me in the right direction? Do I need to possibly TFTP a new flash or is there a way to recover what we have. Thanks.

John

2 REPLIES

Re: 3500XL swith config erased - what do I do now?

You are in ROMMON mode and will need to Xmodem a image down to the flash. See following URL for instructions.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/corrupt_or_missing_image.html

Re: 3500XL swith config erased - what do I do now?

From the prompt switch: I suppose that the IOS image in flash is gone.

You will need to reload the image from tftp. There are documents about this on CCO but it will probably be wiser to have it fixed by someone who knows how to do it. You may search CCO for yourself using the keywords 3500 and recovering flash.

Remember, the "real techs" need to eat too! This will become hard if you are doing everything by yourself. What is this going to cost you? It can be fixed easily within two hours, I could do it in 30mins.

Goodluck,

Leo

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content