cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3524XL system LED amber, is that mean abnormal?

mytian
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

my 3524XL system LED light 'amber' constantly, this mean "System is receiving power but is not functioning properly" ( from cisco's explaination ). but what is functioning unproperly mean ?

what can I do?

further the Gabit slot 2 's LED is amber without a card inside it, I think this is unproper, what do you think?

6 Replies 6

b.hart
Level 1
Level 1

Put a console cable in the switch and reboot the switch with a PC running some term emu software. Look for errors on boot up displayed on your terminal.

Regards

Barry Hart

You can also enter "show post" from the cli if you don't want to reboot or can't reboot the switch when you want.

What version of software are you running?

yes, that switch is in use now, it's better to not reboot it unless we have to. so , I try "show post" and the result is "GigabitEthernet0/2 failed front-end loopback test". I think the problem is from the second GigabitEthernet slot. :(

so should I do something or only leave the problem there?

This one seems to be a hardware problem.So probably u cant do anything r if u have warranty can replace the switch.

mytian
Level 1
Level 1

thx to all of you!

Tom Dillon
Level 4
Level 4

Here's what the doc's for the Cat3500 have about the amber status:

Solid amber: Port is not forwarding. Port was disabled by management or an address violation or was blocked by Spanning-Tree Protocol (STP).

Note After a port is reconfigured, the port status LED can remain amber for up to 30 seconds as STP checks the switch for possible loops.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c2900xl/29_35xp/ig_3500/maoverv.htm#xtocid120678