Views
Helpful
Replies

3548 gigstack limit

dedube23
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am wondering in a cascading stacks with 3548 switches first what is the limit that you can have in a stack. Second what is the minimum. Also what are the limitation and strenghts of this configuration.

Thanks

David

3 Replies 3

DAVE GENTON
Level 2
Level 2

If you are doing any IP telephony, no more than one. In other words you basically want a star topology. The gigastack is half-duplex and cascading them enters alot of latency.

Dave

I don't forsee any IP telephony traffic on any of these switches. SO I can have 2-9 switches stacked and there are no limits as long as its between 2-9 switches ?

bobd
Level 1
Level 1

You can cascade up to nine switches in a stack. Your stack will have 1 Gbps if there is more than 2 switches in the stack, or up to 2Gbps with just two switches. You can also increase the stack speed up to 12Gbps with the Catalyst 3550-12G Gigabit Ethernet aggregation switch. You can get more information on the features and advantages of the GBICs at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps872/products_data_sheet09186a00800a1789.html.

Bob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: