Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

3548 Management Vlan 1

I just lost connection to the management VLan 1. I cannot telnet or ping the management Interface. I did remove the Ip and replace it with another one to eliminate maybe an address conflict problem. I also did a shut and No shut on the interface still did not work. I also deleted the management interface and recreated it still no luck.The switch is still functioning passing traffic. Any Ideas. This is an isolated problem to this particular 3548.

Thanks,

gilbert

4 REPLIES

Re: 3548 Management Vlan 1

Make sure that you have at least one port configured in that vlan and that the status of the VLAN is active and not suspended. Perhaps you can post a show run so that the Forum can look at it.

-Bo

I do have a port configured for that vlan and it is saying up. Even the management vlan if I do a show interface the status is up. This was working before for maybe 2 yrs, now all of a sudden it is not. I have not rebooted it yet but thet will be the nest step. If it still will not work after that I will open up a call to cisco and get a replacement.

thanks.

Can you post a show run?

-Bo

Hi,

I'd also try to reboot it.

I remember similar problem in the past: After changing the management IP address the switch was sending messages to my Syslog server with the original IP source address.

BTW: which IOS version are you running?

Regards,

Milan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content