Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3548-XL odd behavior (restarting daily)

I have three 3548XL's in our building and each of them is running the 'c3500xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC10.bin' firmware. One of the three has been acting really odd over the last few days. Every day, at about the same time (around noon) the switch will restart its self, causing everyone to drop their connections and lose work. I would try a newer firmare, but I forget how I was able to download the last image. Now when I go and try it tells me I need to enter additional registration information and the damn CCO-Locksmith comes up every time, no matter how many times I reset my password.

Currently my uptime is showing as 21 hours, so my guess is once it hits 24 hours (around noon would be right, its 9am now) it restarts. The switch also says "Last reset from power-on".

Thanks for any advice!

9 REPLIES

Re: 3548-XL odd behavior (restarting daily)

To upgrade to a newer firmware you will need CCO access. If you forgot your password (note that Cisco had reset every body's CCO password), or if you have not logged in for a long time, send an email from the email address that you used to sign up for the CCO login to cco-locksmith@cisco.com

Otherwise call 18005532447 to open a case with Cisco TAC about your CCO login. Once you gain access to CCO software center, you should be able to download new image.

Are all 3 switches running same firmware version ?

(12.05WC10).

Can you paste a sh version or attach a sh tech-support output from the crashing 3548 ? It could be rebooting due to a software crash (or hardware problem).

Attached is the tech-support output. Yes, all switches are running the same version (12.05WC10).

Every time I try and go to http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/ I get a message saying Cisco.com password protection has been compromised, and that I need to reset my password... no matter how many times I have reset it.

Send a blank email to cco-locksmith@cisco.com to reset your password. Or else you will have to call them up to fix this.

Your sh tech-support doesnt yield much, as last system restart is by Power on. I want a sh tech after it reboots automatically at noon.

HTH

Thats the problem... that was from the last auto-restart. Nobody turned it on/off, but yet it says from power-on. I'll see what todays yields, thanks.

Check your power cable for any loosely connected ones..Revert back with sh tech, once it reboots today.

Just as I figured, when it hit the 24 hour mark the switch rebooted. Still, the show tech-support log shows it was rebooted via power-on.

I've installed the WC13 flash and will reboot the switch tonight for it to take effect. Maybe it won't do it again after this, but I have a feeling it will. Could it be an issue with the power supply?

Can you output a sh env all on your switch. It doenst show any thing about power supply on this output though. Can you paste a sh log output too. Want to check if you are getting any syslogs before the reboot.

show env is not a valid command, but I attached the out put from sh log. The dates are wrong,I don't know why (probably because I never looked at it) but the switch thought it was in Feb 1993.... took care of that.

Unless you sync your time to an NTP server your time will reset to 1993 every time your device reboots.

Your log seem to indicate that port fa0/39 seem to generate a lot of errors. Not sure if this will yield any things,but what is connected on that port, is it possible to unplug that PC and run the switch for a day to see if this problem resolves. Or atleast move the PC to another port, check the cable etc.

On a 3524 i am able to type sh env all, weird that its not supported on the 3548.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content