Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

3550 as ntp server - client still unsynchronized

Hi togehter,

using an 3550 with IOS 12.1(11)EA1 as ntp server (cat1).

The client, a 3550 with IOS 12.1(11)EA1 (cat2) is the most time unsynchronized.

cat1 is always synchronized.

in cat2 you see in the log timestamp, that sometimes you have a "." at the beginning of the line and sometimes not.

The line with the "." means, that ntp is unsynchronized, a line without "." means ntp is synchronized.

Other devices, e.g a CSS get´s the correct time via sntp from cat1.

Anyone has seen this strange behaviour before ?

thanks in advance

sascha

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: 3550 as ntp server - client still unsynchronized

The point at the beginning of the timestamps indicates that the clock was synchronized before but lost contact with the server. I had a look at bugs related to ntp (for 12.1(11)) but I could not find any relevant to this problem. That leaves the possibility of connectivity issues between the device that is loosing synch and the server.

Re: 3550 as ntp server - client still unsynchronized

I also found no bugs regarding this issue.

Some of these switches are directly connected, and I see no problem sof the connection, so I can eliminate connection problems.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content