cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3550 EMI: Image for policy based routing (PBR) now? available?

ak1871
Level 1
Level 1

If NOT: Is it possible to give a date WHEN it is available?!

Because it's urgent an additional question: Is the real alternative to do this (it's the only business (PBR) which must must be done by this box) a Cisco2621XM (also has enough throughput to do this) or above? But anyway I think a L3 switch is the best choice (power and price).

Thanks a lot for any helpful input!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not supported yet..But will be supported Soon

View solution in original post

The next release (12.1(13)EA1) will have support for it. The tentative release is scheduled for March 2003. You should be able to configure it on routers fine as a workaround

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not supported yet..But will be supported Soon

Thanks, what does it mean soon? Is it possible to get an offical input from Cisco for a date?

It's not really helpful because I have to do a decision (invest money) wright now (in the next few days). If it's available in a month or so, I'm able to do a workaround with old boxes (eg. 4700) otherwise not.

Is the 2621XM together with 2950 an alternative?

The next release (12.1(13)EA1) will have support for it. The tentative release is scheduled for March 2003. You should be able to configure it on routers fine as a workaround

Hm, I have browsed through the 12.1(13)EA1 release notes, and the only command regarding PBR seems to be "debug pbr"??? Could you please give me some examples on how to configure pbr in this new IOS release?