Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3550 Management VLAN Question

I have a 24 port fiber 3550 attached to a 12 port copper 2950 via trunked gigastack interfaces. My router attaches to an interface on the 2950 that is a member of VLAN 40, my management VLAN. Both the 2950 and the 3550 have IP addresses associated with VLAN 40. My problem is that no switchports on the 3550 are members of VLAN 40 which is keeping the interface associated with VLAN 40 as "down down" and I cannot communicate with it. I have tried "no keepalive" on interface VLAN 40 but the interface does not come up. Is there a command that can be entered to force the interface to come up even though there are no ports associated with it? Thanks.

1 REPLY

Re: 3550 Management VLAN Question

Hi Efairbanks,

If you have a trunk port configured between 3550 and 2950 and vlan 40 is allowed on that trunk port int vlan 40 will be up and up.

Please check 2 things..

1) Vlan 40 is present in vlan database. Check with command "sh vlan"

2) If it is present in " sh vlan " output check your trunk config and make sure you allow vlan 40 on the trunk port.

There is no specific command which can bring int vlan 40 up and up. Eithere there should be a active port for vlan 40 or trunk shoule be configured allowing vlan 40 on it.

HTH

Ankur

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content