cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 Unexplained err-disabled ports

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

I have an issue where switchports configured for port security and mac-address sticky are going err-disabled for no apparent reason. They are not being replaced. They have not been moved. They were working fine for weeks. I can tell you that it started happening the next morning after the clear port security all was issued on the switch. Anyone seen this before? I am running 12.2(25)SED1. Also, we are running a voice vlan on the switchports.

3 Replies 3

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

Please check below link it desribe the casuse and solution (shut/no shut) :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk621/technologies_tech_note09186a00806cd87b.shtml

Hope this helps.

t.fiala
Level 1
Level 1

Did you read the error message in log (show log)? Some NIC's (esp. Marvell) are generating more source MAC Addresses than reasonable.

Regards,

Tom

So far, it has been 4 WYSE terminals and one HP Laserjet printer yesterday and one WYSE terminal today. I checked the logs and it is the same mac address. Next time it happens, I am breaking out my CSI hat.

Thank you for your responses

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: