Views
Helpful
Replies

3600 Series Routers!!

pkilcoyne
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'd like to know is it possible to run fax "off ramp" type config on a Cisco3600 series Router? What I want to do is have emails coming into a Router, dealt with by a SMTP Server and then forwarded on as a Fax via the Router using a Mica Modem Card and then going out over an E1 connection to the destination Fax Machine. I was told on this Forum that it could be implemeted using the AS5300 Access Server but this is probably overkill as I would only need say 30channels ( 1 E1 Card as apposed to 4 E1 Cards on the AS5300 ).

Thanks again

Slán

Paul

2 Replies 2

kmarrero
Level 4
Level 4

I believe that the following URL will show you how to configure this on the 3600 series router. Either do a search for "off-ramp" on the page or click on the section marked "mta receive aliases".

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123tcr/123tvr/vrht_m3.htm

Thanks a million for that. Physically do I need an SMTP Server or does the 3600 Router handle that through software? If an SMTP Server is needed how does it handle the forwarding of recieved mail to fax via the Router?

Thanks again

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: