Views
Helpful
Replies

3620 with an intermittent noisy fan

n.oneill
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have a 3620 with an intermittent noisy fan. Is this a sign of fan failure (bearings going) or does the fan respond to the temperature of the router?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

s.jankowski
Level 4
Level 4

The fan noise should be fairly constant. Now would be the time to talk to Cisco about a replacement (assuming you have a support contract) so you can avoid downtime.

A couple of thing's to consider is this a new router. Like in life time of less then a year? Secondly, is there alot of dust by the exhaust port of the fan. If so try removing the dust bunnies, then put a flash light to the fan. If you see any kind of pause. This shows that there is a dead spot on one of the roller bearings and the fan will need replacement.

DTA

I have the same problem in my 3620 too. One moment it was running fine and the next moment I thought a train was coming through my home. Needless to say, I powered it off the next day due to the noise - need to check the fan for any dirt and clean as necessary.

May need to visit E-bay again!! :(

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: