Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

3620 with an intermittent noisy fan

Hi

We have a 3620 with an intermittent noisy fan. Is this a sign of fan failure (bearings going) or does the fan respond to the temperature of the router?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: 3620 with an intermittent noisy fan

The fan noise should be fairly constant. Now would be the time to talk to Cisco about a replacement (assuming you have a support contract) so you can avoid downtime.

A couple of thing's to consider is this a new router. Like in life time of less then a year? Secondly, is there alot of dust by the exhaust port of the fan. If so try removing the dust bunnies, then put a flash light to the fan. If you see any kind of pause. This shows that there is a dead spot on one of the roller bearings and the fan will need replacement.

DTA

Bronze

I have the same problem in my 3620 too. One moment it was running fine and the next moment I thought a train was coming through my home. Needless to say, I powered it off the next day due to the noise - need to check the fan for any dirt and clean as necessary.

May need to visit E-bay again!! :(

Views
Helpful
Replies