Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

3640 and NM-16ESW and routing

Can someone please point me in the right direction for the docs to configure this thing. I am looking at purchasing a 3640 router and the NM-16ESW 16 port switch module. I am hoping that I can use each port on a separate network and route between them with the routing part of the 3640. I haven't been able to find the link to actually configure the routing part. Do you use sub interfaces, etc?

I have no problem reading, I just want to make sure I am buying the correct pieces.

Thanks,

Don Hickey

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 3640 and NM-16ESW and routing

Here is the place at which you will find the config guidelines for 16 port SW module

http://lbj.cisco.com/push_targets1/ucdit/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122limit/122x/122xt/122xt_2/ft1636nm.htm

Thanks,

I actually had someone close to my location that had a 2600 and this switch module. He brought it over this morning to test and it does work. I was able to route and also NAT on the interfaces....

Pretty nice!

Don

Hi;

I tried the link and it did not work - could you give me a differnet link?

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.